I make use of affiliate links on this website. Here are some details on my position and promises related to affiliate links.
What Are Affiliate Links?
Affiliate links are an advertising tool whereby websites and content generators receive small commissions for referring readers to specific vendors. If a purchase is made as a result of clicking an affiliate link, the owner of the host website receives a small commission on the sale.
Why Am I Using Affiliate Links?
I view affiliate links as a straightforward way to monetize my content without in-your-face, obnoxious ads all over the site. A main component of this website involves recommending various products from various sources. I’ve decided to make the most of this by participating in affiliate programs where possible.
The main goal of this website is to provide a source of information and resources — not to make money. However, whatever small amounts of revenue I can generate along the way of course help fund the content I provide (hosting, supplies, etc).
In Which Affiliate Link Programs Do You Participate?
I’m currently enrolled in the following programs:
What Do Affiliate Links Mean for Readers?
When it comes to affiliate links in the context of this website, I make the following promises:
- I will always clearly mark affiliate links with an [Affiliate] prefix
- I will provide the name of the product in the link text so you may google for it independently if you wish
- I will never recommend a product solely for the sake of affiliate link traffic
- I will never knowingly recommend a product through an affiliate link rather than through a cheaper, non-affiliate alternative
- With prices changing constantly, I very well may miss deals and cheaper buying options. If any such option comes to your attention, please feel free to use the Contact page to let me know, and I’ll address it.
Reach out and let me know via the Contact page.